24 Awesome Things While Programming
Developers are known to while programming. There are many things that can frustrate a developer – an elusive bug that can’t be found, your environment crashing or all your tests failing because of a typo. That list could go on forever.
Sometime you just need to look at the bright side. So, here are some awesome I love while programming to keep you happy on Friday!
- Color support for your favourite language in your snazzy new editor!
- Running 4000+ unit tests on a computer with
- Refactoring a piece of code that passes all your unit tests on the FIRST try!
- Getting into the zone (Possibly achieved by reaching the )
- Working with
- Switching from svn to git
- Deleting a mass of code – and NOTHING breaks
- Finding a bug thanks to seeing the wrong color on your editor
- Code reviews that catch scary things
- Writing a piece of code faster then you expected
- Thinking of an answer to a problem while in the shower
- Finding in the code
- When you’ve finally finished refactoring that last piece of
- Library updates that don’t break anything
- Virtual Environments
- Finding a vulnerability by accident and plugging it
- Watching a movie and recognizing the a hacker used
- Catching unmatched parentheses/brackets thanks to your editor
- Reaching 100% Code Coverage
- Reading beautiful code written by the programming gods
- Not having to touch your
- The feeling when you start hacking away at a new, exciting project
- Being allowed to ignore compatibility for IE6
- Rewriting an algorithm and getting an instant performance boost