Basecamp is great for teams looking for a new approach to project collaboration. Share files, meet deadlines, assign tasks, centralize feedback, and make your clients smile.
Basecamp tackles project management from an entirely different angle: A focus on communication and collaboration. Basecamp allows your team to effectively communicate the work they’ve been doing, and helps keep your clients in the loop.
How it Works with FreshBooks
Connect Basecamp to your FreshBooks account and use FreshBooks timesheets to keep track of your projects, or create FreshBooks invoices directly from your completed Basecamp projects.
- If you’re already tracking time to your projects in Basecamp, you can pull your projects and time entries directly into an invoice, set your rates and send your invoice off to your clients.
- If you’re looking to take advantage of the time tracking features in FreshBooks, you can pull your projects and tasks into FreshBooks and use the FreshBooks time tracker as you work on your projects.
*Note: the Basecamp integration only works with Basecamp Classic. Those using the current version of Basecamp will not be able to use this feature in FreshBooks.
How to Get Started
- Setup your free account
- Log in to your FreshBooks account
- Click on the My Account link in the top right corner
- Click on the Basecamp tab
- Check off the enabled box
- Enter your Basecamp API token*, URL and click on the save button
- You should now be setup to create invoices and track time for your Basecamp projects, from FreshBooks.
Where do I find my API information in Basecamp?
- Log in to your Basecamp account
- From your dashboard select your “Account” page
- Scroll down to “Basecamp API” and follow the steps to enable your account
- Lastly, obtain your API Token by clicking “My info” (top-right)