Why did a payment made through FreshBooks Payments decline?
There are a few reasons why your client’s payment made through FreshBooks Payments by WePay could have failed. When a payment fails, the client will always see one of these error codes below showing the cause of the problem:
- 2002 - The card type is not supported
- 2003 - The credit card issuing bank says this card is not supported
- 2004 - The issuing bank declined the charge but did not give us a reason as to why
- 2005 - Insufficient funds on the card
- 2006 - The card was reported lost or stolen
- 2007 - The card has expired
- 2008 - Some card data is invalid (i.e. name on card doesn’t match)
For a detailed list of decline codes, .
If a transaction was declined for risk or fraud reasons, you will be ed by the FreshBooks and WePay team with a notification. WePay helps FreshBooks process the payments in the back end and handles all risk and fraud prevention measures to ensure that online payments happen in a safe and secure way.