How do I manage my Items and Tasks?
When creating an Invoice or Estimate, you can bill for your products and services to your Clients.
Items are used when you have goods or products that you’re billing to your Clients. Tasks are used when you’re tracking time that you’re billing back to your Clients for the work done.
Below are the differences between Items and Tasks, and how you can manage them:
- Fixed cost for goods at a variable quantity
- Can be a service (intangible) or a product (tangible) that you’re billing for
- Taxes can be assigned to Items and saved
- All Items are managed in the Items sub-tab under the Invoices tab
To learn more about Items, you can clickhere.
- Used for billing at hourly or flat Project rates (fixed rate, variable time)
- Tasks can be assigned to Projects for time tracking and rebilling purposes
- Taxes can be assigned to time entries and saved (on a per-Client basis)
- All Tasks are managed in theTasks sub-tab under the Time Tracking tab
To learn more about Tasks, you can clickhere.