A Staff member in FreshBooks acts as an employee to your company. You can set permissions for what your Staff members can do (applies to all Staff members equally), and they can do pretty much everything. Your Staff members can:
- Log in directly to your FreshBooks account with their own credentials
- Create and manage Clients
- Create and send Invoices/Estimates
- Log Expenses
- Create Projects and track time towards Projects
To add a Staff Member:
- Click on the People tab
- Click on the Staff and Contractors sub-tab
- Click on the New Team Member button
- Click on the Add Staff Member button
- Enter the Staff’s email address and name
- If you want to assign the staff a username and password, click the + Assign username and password link. If you decide to leave this blank, it’s ok, they’ll be able to create their own
- To enter any of their information you can click on the + Add information link. This is optional and can be left blank
- To assign them to some Projects, you can check the boxes off – this will allow them to track time to that project. If you don’t want them tracking their time leave these unchecked. If you’re not sure exactly what you want them working on yet you can leave this blank and adjust it later
- Click the Save button.
Your Staff will receive an email with a link that will take them directly into your account so they can get to work.
If you’d like more info, you can learn about setting individual Staff permissions so each of your Staff Members can only access the Clients and Projects they need to.
Note: Staff can be assigned to individual Clients so that they only have access to certain Clients’ details. You can follow the steps for assigning Staff to Clients here.