While FreshBooks doesn’t directly connect to Xero, you are able to use a third party connector tool called OneSaas to establish a connection. You can read more about the integration and what is possible on the .
To connect your FreshBooks and Xero accounts using OneSaas, follow these steps:
Open Your OneSaas Account
- Click on Integrations from the left-side panel
- You should already see FreshBooks and Xero Connected. Select Configure Integrations to begin
- If you don’t see FreshBooks connected, click on Add Connection
- Select FreshBooks
- Click on Add Connection
- Then select Xero and finish
You can choose exactly how you’d like this integration to work. This article focuses on giving you the same functionality as you had with the Xero integration. For extended functionality, you may click for more instructions. Otherwise, please continue with the rest of the steps below:
- Start the configuration process by selecting the first check box to enable the sync of orders from Freshbooks to Xero
- A pop up menu will appear where you can customize further settings:
- Select the Invoice status OneSaas should retrieve from Freshbooks
- Add an Invoice prefix you’d like in front of all order numbers (e.g. FB123)
- What status paid and unpaid Invoices should be sent to Xero as
- How you’d like details on Invoices sent (more details )
- If you’d like OneSaas to create products (Items) alongside Invoices
- If OneSaas should be sending Invoice Payments to Xero
Tip: You’re able to choose how FreshBooks creates your orders in your Xero account by changing the options in the dropdown menus provided.
Retrieve & Validate
OneSaas should now be syncing. As soon as this is done, you’re able to use our review page to fix up any remaining configuration changes you weren’t able to do.
For example, if you weren’t able to map your Taxes initially, you can do so now. Once everything is good to go, you should see a big green checkmark indicating you’re ready to move forward. Please select Preview to continue.
Finally, you’re able to see the data that was pulled into OneSaas. For example, in the screenshot below you can see an Invoice that FreshBooks was able to retrieve. If you’re happy with everything, select Send Data & Finish to push your data as configured by yourself.
Send & Finish
You should now see another sync running. However, this time instead of just pulling your data into OneSaas, OneSaas is pushing it too. Once the sync is completed, you’ll be taken to review your first report. You’re able to re-configure your integration with this process at any point in time.