Calling All Toronto Customers! You’re Invited to the #imakealiving Event
June 30, 2017
Next up: #imakealiving is coming home to Toronto. We’d love to meet you there!
How people make a living today is very different from 10 years ago. And that’s the motivation behind the #imakealiving events sponsored by FreshBooks. Last week, we hosted our second #imakealiving in New York.
Toronto is the third city on our eight city #imakealiving tour. We’re excited to see how the conversation evolves in our hometown; the similarities and differences between small business owners as we move city-to-city. No matter what, we know it will be yet another inspiring event!
Event: #imakealiving powered by FreshBooks
When: July 21, 8:00am–11:30am
Where: FreshBooks HQ, 1655 Dupont Street, Toronto, ON M6P 3T1
Details: #imakealiving will host a diverse panel of people from different industries. They’ll share stories about their livelihoods and non-traditional career journeys. Our keynote speaker, is FreshBooks CEO Mike McDerment. Mike knows that to stay competitive, you need to innovate and take risks. Learn from Mike’s decade-long journey and how he recently risked everything to prepare for the future. You may even be inspired to do the same!
Cost: Free – seeing you thrive is all the payment we need!
The #imakealiving event is free to attend! After all, seeing you thrive is all the payment we need 🙂
Don’t Miss Out!
- Our rocking panel is sure to inspire
- Meet, mingle and share stories with other small business owners
- Meet us – your new best friends from FreshBooks!
- Most importantly, receive valuable extra resources and information to help your business thrive
The #imakealiving Guest Speakers
– A futurist who has worked at Idea Couture and Kinetic Cafe where he was engaged in futures research, applied foresight practices in addition to customer insights, organizational design and transformation work.
– Director of Communications and Marketing at Nuvango, Geleskins and NOTION.
– CEO and Founder of Hubba. is the largest network of brands, buyers, distributors, and influencers. Join for free today and make connections that grow your business.
– TV host, writer and producer with a passion for food, fitness, dogs and travel. Pay currently hosts The Pay Chen Show Saturday afternoons from 3-4pm (EST) on . The live show is a mix of lifestyle topics and comedy, with celebrity guests.
We will reveal two more speakers, so keep an eye on this post blog for more information!
Keynote Speaker: FreshBooks CEO Mike McDerment
is co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, the world’s #1 accounting software in the cloud for self-employed professionals and their employees. Prior to FreshBooks, Mike ran his own design firm where he accidentally saved over an invoice and realized an unmet need in the market. In 2003, he started FreshBooks from his parents’ basement in Toronto.
Since then, over 10 million people have used FreshBooks to save time billing, look professional, and collect billions of dollars. Mike and his team dedicate themselves to executing extraordinary experiences everyday for customers who want to focus on what they love, not their paperwork. Mike has also authored “Breaking The Time Barrier”, a guide to using value-based pricing to unlock your true earning potential which has been downloaded more than 250,000 times.
Not in Toronto? Don’t Worry, There’s Even More to Come!
The event will continue to travel to Portland, Minneapolis and San Francisco before returning to Los Angeles. Want to see FreshBooks come to your city? Leave a comment below! And don’t forget to follow on Twitter!