Texas: In the wake of Hurricane Harvey, our thoughts and our hearts are with you during this devastating time.
We really considered whether to proceed with our next planned #imakealiving event in Austin. But making a living, we realized, is a constant in life—in both good and challenging times. So, we’re delighted to announce that our Austin event will still be happening!
How people make a living today is very different from 10 years ago. And that’s the motivation behind the #imakealiving events sponsored by FreshBooks. This month, we hosted our fourth #imakealiving event in Portland, OR.
Austin is the fifth city on our eight city #imakealiving tour. We’re excited to see how the conversation evolves in Texas; the similarities and differences between small business owners in different parts of the continent. No matter what, we know it will be another inspiring event!
Event: #imakealiving powered by FreshBooks
When: Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Where: Stubb’s Bar-B-Q: 801 Red River St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Details: #imakealiving will host a diverse panel of people from different industries. They’ll share stories about their livelihoods and non-traditional career journeys. Our panelists will then show you how to harness that inspiration and apply it to your own career. Our goal is to motivate and empower you to break out of your comfort zone and take some chances with your career and marketing!
Cost: The #imakealiving event is free to attend! After all, seeing you thrive is all the payment we need 🙂
Don’t Miss Out!
- Our rocking panel is sure to inspire
- Meet, mingle and share stories with other small business owners
- Meet us – your new best friends from FreshBooks!
- Most importantly, receive valuable extra resources and information to help your business thrive
The #imakealiving Guest Speakers
– VP for the Strategy team at Spredfast, with 20 years of professional communications experience. Formerly SVP of the Digital Customer Experience team at Fleishman-Hillard, Managing Director of Digital at Edelman, and worked at Brains on Fire.
– Author of four best-selling books, with three on customer loyalty, including Monster Loyalty: How Lady Gaga Turns Followers into Fanatics. Keynote and TEDx speaker, as well as contributor.
– Austin based serial entrepreneur who ranks in the top 1% of the direct sales company, Lularoe. Sold 6 websites and has worked both as a marketing consultant and as a blogging coach.
Smartest man in the world. North America’s best word of mouth marketer.
Not in Austin? Don’t Worry, There’s More to Come!
The #imakealiving event will continue to travel to Minneapolis and San Francisco before returning to Los Angeles. Want to see FreshBooks come to your city? Leave a comment below! And don’t forget to follow on Twitter!
about the author
Kelly Radke is the Content Coordinator at FreshBooks. Prior to joining the FreshBooks team, she worked as a teacher for several years, and gained her marketing experience at an advertising agency. With a BAH in English Language & Literature, writing has been a passion of Kelly's for some time.